We have reached the end of hunting season with no meat to put in the freezer. Chris gave it a good effort and hopefully next year is better. This weekend was cold! It snowed and definitely felt like winter camping conditions. The kids still played outside a lot and had a great time. It was nice for the burning ban to be lifted so we could enjoy a nice hot camp fire. This weekend was also very sad. Saturday morning while the guys were out hunting, by friends dog was hit at our camp and died. Not a fun way to spend a morning. He was a gorgeous silver lab and was only 1 year old. A truck drove past our camp and he went running out. We didn't see exactly what happened but he was hit and died before I could get out to the road.
(I have pictures of the beautiful fall colors near our camp, but blogger once again won't load pictures, I'll try later)
No comments:
Post a Comment