Last week I decided instead of complaining that I don't have a job (outside the home), I would volunteer one morning a week in Austin's class. I started this week and it was so much fun! I helped with math, English and reading. Austin is in a combined class of 1st, 2nd & 3rd graders, so I just shuffled between the grades. It felt good to help out and to spend some time with Austin. Evan does go to daycare for the 3 hrs I'm at school, but on day #1 he fussed because I picked him up. Go figure.
I also decided to watch my friends little girl Claire 2 days a week. It would give me some extra spending money, Evan would have a friend to play with & it would break up my week of doing housework and laundry. She is a quiet, sweet little thing and so far doesn't seem like any extra work at all.
Then.......the phone rang this morning. It was a renal dietitian announcing her resignation and asking me if I'm still interested in the job! (note: this happened last June and she changed her mind) I was excited....scared...nervous...confused all at the same time. I had just figured out some new activities and was ready to embark on a busy fall/winter.
Stay tuned. I don't want to jump ahead. I haven't even gotten an interview yet, let alone the job. But I'm a planner and don't like surprises. I like to follow through on my promises and obligations. Is there anyway I can do it all ???? :)
Evan sporting Claire's sun glasses
No comments:
Post a Comment