Thursday, June 21, 2012

busy week!

(bare with me.....this one might be a long wordy post)  This week seemed a little crazy and here's why.  Chris left to work in Idaho all week so when it's just me & the boys, I feel a little more pressure to get things done and stay busy.  Although dinners are more simple because we can eat just about anything and call it dinner. Like sandwiches or cereal. Chris works hard all day and needs more of a real dinner than us, so when he's gone I take a big cooking break!  We also picked up our "new to us" trailer Sunday night & decided to go camping this weekend, ie Elk camp to scout out animals.  Translated too.....Diane is getting the trailer ready so Chris just has to hook it up when he gets back from his trip and off we go.

Okay Monday I decided that the blinds in the trailer are disgusting and need washed ASAP! I google what is recommended to do this job & drive to the trailer (its parked about 3 miles away) to remove a few and try it.  I figure if I ruin one or two it's easier to replace then all of them.   I get my tool out and off come the blinds!  I feel very "fixer upper ish"  (you get the idea)   Drive back home to wash them in the tub.  They turn out great!  Drive back to the trailer, put the clean ones up....take a few more down. I also grab the spare tire to take it to Schwabs so Chris doesn't have to deal with the crazy crowd on Friday.  Took a little skin off one knuckle because that thing was WAY heavier than I thought it would be.  Thank goodness for group Power, or I really would have been in trouble.  Oh & I worked out with Sarah at the RAC :)

Tuesday; decide that I need to plug the trailer in and make sure the refrigerator works.  The cord was not set up to plug in two trailers (it's parked next to another one) so have to wait and talk to Chris about plan B.  He said to buy an adapter that has 2 plug in's and just plug both trailers in at one time (thanks Terry for the use of your electricity).  So off to D&B (farm store) to buy the extension cord.  Monday I also bought an adapter for the trailer so it would fit a standard electrical cord. For all of you who have seen the weird 3 prongs of an RV cord, you know what I'm talking about.

Meet a friend at a local park for a 2 hr playdate.  Much needed  break for me!

Get to the trailer to try all my adapters.....it's the wrong one!  I needed the opposite, male/female configuration on my adapter.  Can't go exchange it now...its too late.

Austin had a whiffle ball game too.

Wednesday: Day at home washing a few blinds and babysitting my friends adorable children. All kids are getting along great. Laundry is coming along.  Work out at the RAC with Sarah, drive down to put up a few more blinds and take a few more down.  I'm almost done with all of them now :)  Went to Walmart to exchange adapter to the right one. 

Thursday: Watched the adorable children again & finished packing for the weekend.  I did not take pictures because I was just going to relax and enjoy the kids.  Sometimes I rush around to try and get the cutest shots and miss out on what is really happening. So this week I took a photography break and just have the memories in my head.

Drove back to plug in trailer and the refrigerator seems to start.  Seems things are going okay now.
Left spare tire against the back bumper. I was not going to try and lift it up, fit the bolts into the holes all by myself.  I want to keep the skin on my other knuckles.

Austin had a whiffle ball game.

Friday (is not here yet but I know what's happening)  Work out with Sarah at the RAC.  Yes Sarah is my work out buddy.  Our oldest children go to school together, are best friends and play Whiffle ball together too.  Lets just say Sarah is one of my bestest friends here in Pendleton too :)
Go grocery shopping and hope when I arrive at the RV the refrigerator is at the correct temperature. 
Chris should be home after lunch and then it's his job to load up what I haven't gotten  already & off to Elk camp we go.  Chris got his controlled hunt draw results today, but didn't get elk tags. So I sure hope he can really hunt the area we're going too. To clarify, this weekend is a scouting trip...not a hunting trip.

Thanks for reading.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment