I am happy to announce the birth of my nephew on December 29th! I am tempted to jump in the car and drive to Albany to see him. The roads have been awful the past few days, so I'm going to have to wait for warmer weather or when Chris is off.
Nathan Andrew Franklin
On the same day (not knowing Nathan was on his way) Chris surprised me with a puppy!
Her name is Kallie & she is a mini Australian shepherd. Since her current size at 4 months is small, I really think she will be more of a "toy" size fully grown. She's only 9" tall at the shoulder and 10 pounds.
Austin's new cartoon watching buddy
getting to know Chester
I was amazed that in less than 24 hrs after Kallie joined our family, Chester took a nap right next to her on the couch! I thought for sure Chester would be hiding for at least a few days. But nope, he walked in the house acting like he was the king. Walked right up to the dog as if too say "this is my house not yours!" Kallie is very responsive to commands, so it only takes a reminder to "be nice to the cat" & she leaves him alone. So far she seems to be a great dog for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment